Why we use a Help Desk?
- Prioritize important tasks By submitting a ticket it allows agents to prioritise tasks and assign them accordingly. Whilst everyone will receive a prompt, effective and efficient service certain tasks and issues will take precedence over others. This ensures that any bigger picture issues are solved quickly whilst ensuring minimum impact to end-users e.g yourselves.
- Work more efficiently This point comes into the first point however it also identifies on a management and departmental running level. Using the help desk allows for the team to be effectively managed and deployed accordingly. Furthermore, it allows for the I.T team to plan projects and development in more detail whilst ensuring support is not affected.
- Multitask smarter, even on the go A big point, one to remember if the team is off-site or at another site, tickets can still get answered. We have the ability to remote into systems and computers, this allows us to fix most issues without being in the building. A key reason to use the support email address.
- One place for all IT requests Simple, a centralised place for all requests, nothing gets forgotten or left behind.
- Better establish expectations with due dates The helpdesk ensures that you get the most effective and efficient response in a timely manner.
Below outlines the process that takes place when a new ticket is submitted to the helpdesk. As of February 2020, from submitting a ticket to first agent touch is on average 32 minutes.
*Flow quality compressed. Download .pdf of flow below.